Life CoachingMarch 6, 2021 2021-12-11 18:29
Life CoachingThe International Coach Federation (ICF) describes coaching as “a partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential”. What distinguishes coaching from consulting and mentoring is that the coach honors the client as the expert in his or her life and firmly believes that every client is creative and resourceful. Through active listening and powerful questioning, among other techniques, the coach helps the client discover and clarify what they want to achieve and then aligns with their goals as well as encourage self-discovery and elicit solutions and strategies that come directly from the client’s “toolbox”. The reason behind it is that for a plan or solution to be sustainable, the client needs to be able to follow through and we can only follow through if we feel at ease and confident that we have the skills and abilities to do it. Talking about following through, one of the coach’s tasks is to hold the client responsible and accountable for everything agreed during the session. A life coach listens to you in an unbiased way and asks provocative questions that help you not only see clearly what drives you to make decisions or to repeat behavioral patterns that are not serving you anymore but also to discover your own strengths and weaknesses and use them in such a way so as to be able to achieve any goal; personal, professional or other. Life Coaching is for you if:
- you need to improve your outlook on work and life, boost your confidence and improve your relationships
- you want to develop various skills and unlock latent potential.
- you seek action, accountability and follow-through.
- you need to clarify your desires and design actions that will move you toward your goals.
- you want lasting results to help you be a better person.
- you want to design actions or solutions for yourself.
- you have reached a point in life when change is necessary or is not happening fast enough.
- you want to find and devise your own personal tools so that you can become autonomous in all aspects of your life.